17 December 2009

"Sent to Coventry"

Coventry is:

a) Bleak
b) Dreary
c) Bland
d) All of the above

Suffice to say Coventry lived up to my expectations...good thing I didn't set the bar too high. After living in a city as vibrant as Montreal, it's hard to compare. With restaurants, bars and arts venues scattered throughout the metropolis, I would dare to claim that Montreal is one of the best cities in Canada. Sorry locals, but Cov. just doesn't make the cut. Granted I will give kudos to Warwick University's total of six campus bars which puts McGill's one to shame. Did I mention the English like to drink?

The itinerary for my three day visit didn't exactly go according to plan. The following is a more accurate account:

Monday

5:30 Arrive
8 Tara makes delicious Indian meal
10 Head to "The Dirty Duck," where beers are consumed
11 Meet classmates and make plans for tomorrow

Tuesday

11-2:30 Wait patiently for Julien to arrive
2:30 Lunch at local pub
3:30 - 4:30 Take far too long trying to decide how to get the bus only to miss the bus and take a far too expensive taxi ride
5 - 7:30 Watch Arabian Nights by the Royal Shakespeare Company = amazing
8 Get cheaper bus back
10 Go to Jean Luc's for get together. Pick up 3 bottles of wine for 10 pounds on the way
10:01 Find out he had the same bright idea
10:02 Begin copious wine consumption
1 am ???

Wednesday

3 pm Crawl out of bed with great difficulty
3:02 Debate whether or not my head is actually being squeezed between a vice
3:05 Fall into the shower
4:30 Hangover cure with bangers and mash at the pub.
5 Chill for the night

Thursday

10 Train ride home
12 Witness my first snowfall in England!
2:30 procrastinate as planned through blogging

Did I also mention that I only have to pass classes while on exchange?

1 comment:

  1. And the "???" are a substitute for "It's business time"

    ReplyDelete