25 April 2011

New York New York



I can now happily say that I have checked off yet another must-see place on my travel bucket list. The bank account may be a little worse for wear, but I have no regrets. Here's a quick recap of the 5 day exhibition in no precise order:

Shake Shack- the best burgers you will ever eat. Period.
Clinton Street Bakery - worth the hour and a half wait.
Greenhouse Nightclub - pretending like you actually belong in the VIP section.
Times Square - where advertising can sufficiently suffice for sunlight
Robin Williams - the best part of "Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo." I am now fully aware of how much commercial, money grabbing crap there actually is on Broadway.
Central Park - nothing like watching little league baseball while surrounded by towering high rises.
Eatery - by far the most creative menu I have ever seen at a restaurant.
Lower East Side - if I ever managed to live in NY, this is where I would set up shop.
Brooklyn Bridge - only half an hour to walk across with a great view of Manhattan.
Little Italy - walking down Mulberry Street where The Godfather was filmed.
Chinatown - where we came across the best sign EVER: "Only One Damn Dolla, Holla!" Pure marketing genius.
The Company - although NY is one amazing city, being there with KF made it that much better. Just watch that volatile nose of yours :) xox

No comments:

Post a Comment